- Where is Govind Milk located?
- Govind Milk and Milk Products is located at Phaltan, Maharashtra. Our facility is situated near Pune, a developing IT hub in Maharashtra.
- What is the current milk processing capacity?
- Our current milk processing capacity is 1,00,000 litres per day.
- Do you have any plans for expansion?
- Yes, Govind Milk is in process of expanding its current strength by 3,00,000 litres per day circa December 2009.
- How many veterinary doctors are on your panel?
- We have about 100 veterinary doctors catering to the welfare of cattle in and around Phaltan for assuring a steady and quality supply of milk.
- Is your milk with zero bacteria?
- No, Being a pasteurized milk, the bacterial count ranges between 2 to 10,000 per ml which is much lesser than the permissible limit of 30,000/ml
- Can we say, Govind’s milk is pure?
- Yes, as we have proper arrangements to procure cow & buffalo milk separately, the milk what you receive is absolutely pure.
- Why your milk is yellowish?
- Carotene content in the milk contributes to the yellowish colour of the milk and it indicates is purity.
- Is Govind’s milk fresh?
- Yes, due to our strong logistic system which efficiently co-ordinates procurement, processing, packing and delivery, we are able to provide the fresh milk.
- Does temperature of the milk affects the quality?
- Yes, the temperature plays a vital role in the bacterial count. If the temperature of the milk is higher, the bacterial count will be high which in turns reduce the shelf life.
- What are essential tips on buying a milk?
- Always buy milk after verifying the date of packing and look for batch number. Ideally milk should be chilled while buying.
- How to improve the life of the milk after buying?
- After buying, clean the sachets with clean water immediately, cut the corner and pore the milk in a clean stainless steel vessel. Boil it immediately followed by cooling at room temperature. In hot climate, the milk even after boiling should be kept in a refrigerator if the usage period is long. It is highly recommended to boil the milk after every 8 hours.
- Is packing done in cleaned & hygienic condition?
- Yes, there is continous monitoring of the system, right from procurement of the milk at various stages to processing, packing and dispatch under expert guidance. The technological advancement reduces the human interference to the minimum and as such the hygiene and clean conditions are optimum in all stages.
- Is your packing done in a automated machine?
- Yes, Govind Milk and Milk Products Pvt. Ltd., are fully equipped with automated packing systems for packing of the milk and various milk by products.
- Is your milk suitable for the infants?
- Yes, it is not only suitable to grown-ups but also for the infants.
- What is Govinds contribution in enhancing the dairy farming industry?
- Govind Milk has constantly endeavoured to improve the quality of its product through different experiments. Loose Housing or Free Housing concept is one such very successful experiment which yielded lot of positive result and proved beneficial to cattle farmers wherever adopted.
- What is Free or Loose Housing?
- At Govind dairy, the management has introduced and encouraged the age old system of loose housing barns at low cost. In these barns, animals are free 24 hrs. They are never tied except during milking time. Due to this cows have become healthier. They rarely fall sick; also have water available for 24 hrs, enough exercise to keep them healthier, which is not in the case of tied systems. It has saves the farmer from removing dung on the floor every 30 to 40 minutes, washing floors, washing animals, changing daily drinking water 2-3 times a day, reduced humidity in cowshed, therefore workload is reduced upto 75% and there is a visible increase the yield. So the farmers are happy with this change. A simple natural bamboo structure is built with a space allocation of 300 sq ft per animal where animals have facility of a feeding manger, watering trough, shed & paddock covered by smooth hay for comfort. The animal remains loose except while milking. The animal is free to eat, drink water, and stay in sunlight or in cool place for rest of the time.
- What are other welfare acitivites carried by Govind Milk?
- We at Govind, are engaged in vaccinating the canines in the vicinity of cattle farmers to prevent rabies. Proper literature & training is distributed to farmers for creating awareness for prevention of rabies.
- What is Multi-Facility Group Farms?
- A group of 5 to 10 marginal farmers or Landless laborers come together with a single minded resolve, then they contribute, lease land, build low cost loose housing farm & collect all machinery, likewise purchase & maintain their animals/livestock together.
- What are Govind Milk’s future plans?
- A fully automated world class plant for milk processing having a capacity of over 6 lakh litres with fully centralized automatic CIP system, shall be operational circa December 2009. Laden with state of the art facilities like deodorizer, 30MT powder plant, procured from leading international dairy manufacturers like Alfa Laval, Tetra Pak and Strock, it would increase the production manifolds and reduce the costs. Milk tanker cleaning system is also an additional feature in this new plant. The stringent quality norms of US FDA and international export agencies would also be easily met at this new plant. Govind Milk and Milk Products Pvt. Ltd. a leading name in the milk industry, seeks the best of technology and processes related to dairy and dairy processing. The new facility in the extended campus would help Govind, a household name in milk and milk products, to produce the best quality milk and milk products which could be exported worldwide along with aiding the small milk chilling units and farmers. Processed cheese, baby foods, ice-creams and Indian sweets (Indian Mithai) would also be added to the existing product range and have a huge demand in international market.
FAQs for S.M.P.
- Is your SMP having ISI mark?
- Yes, it has the essential approval from ISI.
- Is your Ghee, AGMARK graded?
- Yes, our ghee is having AGMARK with Special Grade.
- Is your Ghee prepared from pure Cow Milk?
- Yes, Govind’s ghee is prepared from pure cow milk.
- Can you provide ghee of desi cow?
- Yes, we can provide the ghee of desi cow provided the quantity is more than 100kgs but will take some time after the confirmation of order.
- What is the export potential of Govind’s Milk and Milk Products?
- There is a large scope for our products due to the quality we offer. We are shortly launching our products in the international market.
- Is your company ISO and HACCP certified?
- Govind Milk is in the process of obtaining the coveted ISO 9001: 22000 certification and HACCP quality system by the end of 2009.
- What is the self life of SMP and GHEE?
- It is round about 1 year.
- Why your milk & milk products are costly than others?
- In our endeavour to provide the best quality to the end user, we have certain processes defined, strictly as per the norms and rules. The maintenance and observation of these processes require high value inputs in terms of personnel, time and techniques which incur a cost. It is our firm belief that bypassing certain quality norms may be lucrative in short run but for all our valued clients, who savour the taste and quality with lot of respect and faith, we make every effort not to curtail any processes, even at a certain tolerable cost attachment. Hence our products may be a bit costlier than our competition, but worthy in all respects.
© 2012 Govind Milk Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved