Sanjeevraje is the grandson of the Late Malojiraje Naik Nimbalkar, the former ruler of the State of Phaltan. Educated from Pune and Kolhapur, Sanjivraje stood first in the University in History, and has bagged a gold medal.
His active social and political life saw him adorn key positions in various organizations:
- Secretary of Phaltan Education Society
- Director of Shrimant Malojiraje Co-operative Bank
- President of Phaltan Aarogya Mandal-a non-profit trust running a charitable hospital.
- Chairman of Shriram Co-operative Sugar Factory for the past 8 years
- An avid sports lover of football & hockey
- He also served the District Hockey Association as a President
- Elected to Zilla Parishad for last 4 terms
Though Govind Milk was founded in the year 1996, the milk business is not new to the Chairman’s family. The erstwhile princely state had a privately run dairy farm which had over 300 cattle including breeds like Sahiwal, Gir, Hariyanvi to name a few.
Sanjeevraje’s father, the late Shrimant Shivajiraje Naik Nimbalkar did his B.Sc. in Animal Husbandry from the University of Rhode Island (U.S.A.). The milk co-operative movement could be credited to his father & uncle emphasizing to further the traditions which led to the start of Govind Dairy.
Sanjivraje Naik Nimbalkar