Born to the Royal family of Phaltan Sansthan, our MD Mr. Sanjeevraje is the grandson of the Late Malojiraje Naik Nimbalkar. He completed his education from Pune and from Shivaji University. He attained his bachelor’s degree in History where he bagged the gold medal. Sanjeevraje’s father, the late Shrimant Shivajiraje Naik Nimbalkar did his B.Sc. in Animal Husbandry from the University of Rhode Island (U.S.A.). The milk co-operative movement in Phaltan could be credited to his father & uncle who stressed to further the traditions which led to the start of Govind Dairy. With this legacy of visionaries, Sanjeevraje has been very active in social and political work. He’s worked from the grass root level to understand the pains and problems of the farmers.
Sanjeevraje has been working at many key positions in various organisation.
- Presently he is the President of Zilla Parishad, Satara.
- Secretary of Phaltan Education Society
- Director of Shrimant Malojiraje Co-operative Bank
- President of Phaltan Aarogya Mandal-a non-profit trust running a charitable hospital.
- Director of Shriram Co-operative Sugar Factory for the past 8 years.
- President of Kho – Kho Association.
- An avid sports lover of football & hockey
- He also served the District Hockey Association as a President
- Elected to Zilla Parishad for last 5 terms
- Director of Magnesia Chemicals LLP.
Though Govind Milk was founded in the year 1995, the milk business is not new to the Chairman’s family. The erstwhile princely state had a privately run dairy farm which had over 300 cattle including breeds like Sahiwal, Gir, Hariyanvi to name a few.